Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Tether



+

Tether
Between Terra Firma
and Terra Incognita
Fine as a silken spider web
And as Invisible...

This Thread that Holds me
When all others fail
The ones that seemed
so strong
so steadfast
so substantial...

...the ersatz ephemeral toeholds
this world has to offer
the trinkets
and tenuous affections of man

No, it is not in these that I trust

But rather in the load bearing
seemingly insubstantial
Solid Ground of Spirit
Sacred Segue from Deep to Deep
in Which my flesh finds safe passage
and sure footing
in Which when I feel so utterly lost
I am Finally Found

In God Alone am I Grounded
He alone holds sway over my soul
lays claim to my heart
and affords me
Firm Foundation

Thus Anchored into the Almighty
and His fear-leveling Love for me
Thus held and harnessed in Heaven's Hands
I carry on
and Hold
to the only
True
Tether

+

"God Himself has said, I will Not in any way fail you nor give you up nor leave you without support.  I will not, I will not, I Will Not in any degree leave you helpless nor forsake nor let you down nor relax my hold on you!  Assuredly Not!"
-Hebrews 13:5 (Amplified Version)

No comments: