Thursday, May 15, 2014

Hineni




+

Subjection to Trials is a Sacred Trust
With Isaiah, we say, "Here am I" to God,
and He takes us up on that.

It is not when we live in Ivory Towers
that our testimony is meaningful
to those in despair,

But when we, too, have been lost
When we know the bitterness of endings
When we've waded through 'Which-Way-Is-Up?'
and Not Knowing

When we've stood in the Painful,
Excruciating Pause
Between
Authored
and
Finished...

That place, my friends, that Sacred Ground
is where Trials are Transmuted into Meaningful Testimony
Into the Sustenance our Sovereign meant our lives to be
Into very Bread of Life
and Living Water,

For all who are thirsty,
For whosoever will...

Here am I, my Lord, Send me.

+

"Do not be afraid; I am He Who Lives...
Death will be swallowed up in Victory."
-Rev. 1:17-18, 1 Cor 15:54

No comments: