Sunday, January 26, 2014

Dandelion

 
 
 

*
 
I have been Blown
like a Dandelion seed
and felt myself floating
(fearfully, grasping for familiarity,
for something to hold on to
for the Dandelion that so gently held me
then let me go...)
 
But
Quiet now...
 
I See
 
That the Wind will carry me
to New Ground
 
Where the Life of the Dandelion
that bore me
will be born...
 
I am to be planted
and Become
not just one tiny seed...
 
But a Beautiful Blossoming Field,
 
a Whole,
Dazzling,
Delightful Array,
 
of
 
Dandelions...
 
***
 
"Now, oh Lord, what do I wait for and expect...
My hope and expectation
is in You."
-Psalm 39:7

2 comments:

Nancy said...

Such a beautiful comparison of a dandelion and evangelism....Your words are beautiful and I love the mountains in the background of your shot...

Hindsfeet said...

Thanks Nancy :-) and those mountains in the background are the lovely Blue Ridge Mountains seen from my favorite lookout a little past Charlottesville up at wintergreen.... It really is a little slice of heaven up there :-)

Wishing you a happy Sunday today whatever you're doing :-)

Liz~*