Thursday, February 14, 2013

True Love


***
 
"Jesus loves me this I know, for the bible tells me so...."
 
...for the bible tells me so
 
not "for I've followed Him flawlessly"
 
or "for I've been so faithful"
 
but simply,
 
for the bible tells me so...
 
Love's barometer is not set (or upset) by our behavior
 
He loves you because He loves you because He loves you
 
not because of "good works which you've done"
 
not because of anything you've done
 
(or not done)
 
but rather because of who you are,
 
namely,
 
His
 
His creation
 
His chosen
 
His child...
 
Jesus loves you this I know,
for the bible tells me so.
 
***
 
"I have loved you with an everlasting love"
-Jeremiah 31:3

6 comments:

Dan said...

One of my all time favorites. Simple, yet profound. Very nice, H.

Mary said...

I am so very thankful for this truth!
Thank you for the reminder, it came on a morning my heart, mind and soul needed it!

xoxo

Hindsfeet said...

Thanks, D....I'm glad it hit the bullseye.....

Hindsfeet said...

Glad I could return the favor, Mary....your words so often are a balm for me as well.

xo back atcha m'dear

<3

Privet and Holly said...

L, I love the
beauty woven
in the simple
truth of your
words....

And I want to
thank you for
the lovely ones
that you left for
me on a recent
post that I wrote
about my GiGi.
They really meant
so much to me!

Hugs,
xo Suzanne

Jennifer Richardson said...

he loves you he loves you he loves you he loves you he loves you he loves you......you get the drift:)
i think his tenderness over his creation is something we just can't comprehend while our feet are on this dirt and clay. letting him love us is worship, indeed:)
joy to you in your letting,
Jennifer