Friday, August 17, 2012

prayer II

"Trust Him always; pour out your heart to Him;
God is a refuge for us."
-Psalm 62:8

***

I've numbered all your wanderings
I hold all your tears in a jar
I'm here to listen to your heart, my dear one
tell me , my love, how you really are

My Lord, life feels so unwieldy
life and the choices it brings
what happened to my little hindsfeet
what happened to my wings?

I Am your wings, my brave one
You need have no alarm
I Am the Path that bears you up
Underneath are my everlasting arms

But I don't feel so brave, my Love
I don't see what you see
I am so flimsy, frail ,and fickle
How can what you say be?

(Love leans in with the most tender smile
and takes my face in His Hands...)

My Darling, listen close to Me
I see how hard you try
to make sense of all that is at hand
to navigate what feels like shifting sand

Remember the Lilies and the birds?
and all the lessons that you've learned?
yours is not to worry about tomorrow
I Am your Shepherd, all you need to do is follow

I do not trust my feet just now
or my eyes to see
or my ability to hear
each step I take is met with fear

Then trust My Footsteps in the Sand
I carry you, I hold your hand
Trust that you are the apple of My eye
Trust My ears to hear your cry

My dearest love for whom I gave all
Do you really think I'll let you fall?
You are the one who has ravished my heart
You are Solomon's song, life imitating art
Remember you are royalty
Remember who you are!

Now rise, my love, my fair one,
and leave your worries be
It's not so important that you know the way

What matters is that you know Me

***

"You have been upheld by Me from birth, you have been carried from the womb: Even to your old age, I am He, And even to gray hairs I will carry you!  I made you and I will care for you; I will carry you, and will deliver you."
-Isaiah 46:3, 4

2 comments:

Mary said...

Oh how this fills my heart....

Jennifer Richardson said...

oh friend, this is rich, rich, rich.
i'm going to come back and nibble on it again,
like good dark chocolate:)
thank you for the sweet inspire,
Jennifer