Thursday, January 13, 2011

Peace be with you...

"
"Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid."
-John 14:27

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"...not as the world gives..."....that tentative, tenuous, temporary "peace"...that fleeting flimsy false sense of well-being that comes from pills and potions, the desensitizing din of distractions, the clamor of  competing deities attempting to drown out the chaos...

....but palpable permanent pervasive Peace.  Peace that "passes all understanding".  Peace that is a guard and a sentry surrounding our minds, hovering over our hearts.  Peace that is His manifest Presence poured out unreservedly from the Cross, paid for in full, bought with His blood, for You, His Beloved.

Peace be upon you, Peace undergird you, Peace guide you and keep you...

~***~Peace be with you~***~

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God, and the Peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus."
-Philippians 4:6,7

4 comments:

Nancy said...

Beautiful post on peace.....we definitely need to guard our peace and seek it since it is a free gift.....How often do we deny what is rightfully ours which was purchased with a very high price.....

Hugs and blessings

Jennifer Richardson said...

How much did I need this tonight!
Thank you for this bowl of warm nourishment;
drawing it into my lap to lean over the
anointing steaming up to open my head
and heart to the peace I need so much to
receive deeply into myself.
Oh thank you, friend, for this beautifully
crafted gift.
Drinking deeply,
Jennifer

Jennifer Richardson said...

came back for another drink
...I could so hear this done
at a poetry slam!
Really impacts my soul
with fiery rest.

You're in my fondest prayers,
Jennifer

Mary said...

and with you.
thank you for these words of truth, comfort and encouragement.