Monday, March 27, 2017

Running



+

This Fugitive Futility,
Don't you know?

I AM The Voice from which you run
I AM The Ship on which you steal away
I AM The Fish by which you are swallowed
I AM Shore

Sail your Jonah heart
As far as you can
Into the horizon of your choosing,
You find you run in circles,
Journey ends where it begins
One and the same
God's Global Boundary
Deity's Design
Set in place to safeguard
The Beloved

See in this Planet upon which you've been placed
The metaphor of Me it is meant to be
The Textbook in which you live
This virtual reality
in which you learn
What Is Real

So run if you will
As far as you can
All your running leads back to where it began

Into The Waiting Arms of Omnipresent Omega
Into My Encircling, All Encompassing Embrace
Into the womb of My All-and-In-All Ancient Longing Heart
Which has held you all along

Which you never really left
Anyway

+

"You have hemmed me in, behind and before, and laid Your Hand upon me...Where can I go from Your Spirit?  Or where can I flee from Your Presence?  If I ascend into heaven, You are there; If I make my bed in hell, You are there.  If I take the wings of morning and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea, even there Your hand shall lead me, and Your right hand shall hold me."
-Psalm 139: 5-10

No comments: