Sunday, November 24, 2013

Returning

 
"In Returning and Rest you shall be saved..."
-Isaiah 30:15
 
+++
 
This Returning, This Rest
This Homecoming
Is Restoration.
 
Like an old, forgotten, Priceless Painting
is Restored,
one neglected, abused, left in dark places
too long exposed to decay
So You find me
So you still see Beauty
The Beauty originally Authored
and Intended by the Artist
You See...
 
You retrieve me out of the dark
out of the decay
You blow the dust off
and begin the meticulous work
of repairing the damage of decades...
 
You Restore my soul
You make new what must be made new
and with the Skill of a Master Artist,
You revive the original masterpiece
and return me
to my rightful place
 
Home again
with You.
 
+++
 
"The glory of the new house
will be even greater than the glory of the former,
and in this place, I will give Peace."
-Haggai 2:9

No comments: