Friday, January 11, 2013

Onward

 
 
+++
 
Squinting into the haze ahead
Straining to see a semblance of...something...
Tentative letting go
of threads which tether me to what I know...
 
My once courageous heart recoils
leaning back into a leek and onion legacy...
preferring marginalism to manna
the monotony of the perceivable
to the miracle of parting seas
 
But His unswerving vision
sees the forest in spite of the trees
He knows the way I take
And is determined I should take it
 
For all my looking back
and the lure of illusory retreat
There is nothing now
but a pillar of cloud
and a Red Sea
in which yesterday is drowned
 
The past is no longer a viable port
and so I press on
into Unseen
and Unknown,
Trusting this Hand that Shepherds me on
to one day lead me
Home
 
-E.A.A. "Hindsfeet"  1/11/13
 
+++
 
"I will bring the blind by a way they did not know;
I will lead them in paths they have not known.
I will make darkness light before them,
And crooked places straight.
These things I will do for them,
And not forsake them."
-Isaiah 42:16
 

3 comments:

Mary said...

beautifully said!

sometimes this in the middle...knowing we can't go back...but going forward looks scary...but we step with one foot...knowing we cannot stay where we are...

much love, grace and peace to you dear one!

Jennifer Richardson said...

"shepherds me on"....
oh how I love that.
i love all of these beautifully woven words
and the picture they paint.
thanks for reminding me
that I don't need to see
and that leeks and onions
are tasty but cheap
and no substitute
for glory:)
big grace to you in the journey,
Jennifer

Nancy said...

You tug at my heart strings and bring forth music.....your words encourage me and sometimes I feel the same way but like your words said we can't go back and going forward is scary but thank goodness we have the Shepherd's hand to hold onto and that alone causes the fear to subside......

Thank you so much for your visits and your encouraging words during the past months....You are a dear and I love you....